Leadership Styles

Exclusive forum for iZenBirdge PMP® clients
sivapriya

Leadership Styles

Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:21 am

Hi Expertss,

I am confused with the Leadership styles of 'Charismatic' and 'Transformational'. Can someone please provide some points on these two. Also between 'Servant Leader' and 'Transformational'. I understand that Transformation Leader provides Rewards or punishments based on the way we do things but is that not with the Servant Leader? Please elaborate a little on this too. Also when i was trying to practice questions on these Leadership styles, i am not able to identify the difference between Transactional, Transformational and Interactional Leadership styles with the situations mentioned in questions. Is there any trick to identify the styles.
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: Leadership Styles

Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:43 pm

sivapriya wrote:Hi Expertss,

I am confused with the Leadership styles of 'Charismatic' and 'Transformational'. Can someone please provide some points on these two. Also between 'Servant Leader' and 'Transformational'. I understand that Transformation Leader provides Rewards or punishments based on the way we do things but is that not with the Servant Leader? Please elaborate a little on this too. Also when i was trying to practice questions on these Leadership styles, i am not able to identify the difference between Transactional, Transformational and Interactional Leadership styles with the situations mentioned in questions. Is there any trick to identify the styles.
Charismatic leaders also are sometimes called transformational leaders because they share multiple similarities. Their main difference is focus and audience. Charismatic leaders often try to make the status quo better, while transformational leaders focus on transforming organizations into the leader's vision

this is a confusing topic and I understand that,
my take is that as name suggested the Charismatic leader has the ability to influence the audience and motivate them towards a common vision, the focus is on setting the stage not so much on execution.
Transformational leader is focused on execution, change management, motivating the organization, transformation of the organization based on a vision
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/

Return to “PMP® Queries and Tips”