Forum banner

Project Close - Clarity

Exclusive forum for iZenBirdge PMP® clients
barath

Project Close - Clarity

Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:28 am

Hi Manish,

I am taking my exam on Friday and have few clarifications. Would really appreciate your quick help on clarifying these:

1) Whats the difference in the usage of Project charter and Project Management Plan in the Close Project/Phase process? The project charter gives info success and exit criteria and also the conditions that needs to be met for successful closure. The project management plan is used to check if the project objectives are met. If we get a question on what should be referred for successful closing of project/phase and we have both choices, which one to choose?

2) What is the difference in procurement closure in close phase and control procurement?

Thanks in advance
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: Project Close - Clarity

Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:44 pm

barath wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:28 am
Hi Manish,

I am taking my exam on Friday and have few clarifications. Would really appreciate your quick help on clarifying these:

1) Whats the difference in the usage of Project charter and Project Management Plan in the Close Project/Phase process? The project charter gives info success and exit criteria and also the conditions that needs to be met for successful closure. The project management plan is used to check if the project objectives are met. If we get a question on what should be referred for successful closing of project/phase and we have both choices, which one to choose?

Well I cannot say that as a blanket answer, need to check on situation in the project.
PMP is usually the best document to refer to as it has details on baselines information on whom to transition etc, however project success criteria is in PC, also Business benefit management plan (business document) is also a critical input when project needs to find out what benefits have been realized.

2) What is the difference in procurement closure in close phase and control procurement?

Procurement closure is closure of each individual procurement/contract.
close phase is the closure of the phase of the project (it may include close procurement if the contract closure is aligned to close phase)
In control procurement process we check if the vendor performance is inline with the contractual obligations, if we (Buyer) are following the contract, is contract change management working as it should be etc

Thanks in advance
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/

Return to “PMP® Queries and Tips”