Questions for Me (Saket), till 28th May 7 PM IST

Exclusive forum for iZenBirdge PMP® clients
saket
Site Admin
Site Admin

Questions for Me (Saket), till 28th May 7 PM IST

Thu May 27, 2021 1:12 pm

Hi All,

I am experimenting this concept where I collect your questions in 24 hours and do explanation on video, as if now I am not fixing the time of video but it should not be more than 48 hours from now.

So I collect questions in the next 24 hours and I answer them afterwords.
asifi

Re: Questions for Me (Saket), till 28th May 7 PM IST

Thu May 27, 2021 2:07 pm

It will be very helpful if we get all the formulas or at least the important ones for the PMP exam, listed and explained in one video.
asifi

Thu May 27, 2021 2:08 pm

There are a lot of concepts and theories in the people domain, need to revise a few important ones.
saket
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thu May 27, 2021 2:30 pm

It will be very helpful if we get all the formulas or at least the important ones for the PMP exam, listed and explained in one video.
The new PMP exam is very less on formulas, the concepts which are explained in Project Cost and Schedule Management are good enough for your readiness.
Making one video, I don't know how to do since its not like memorizing it , it has to be seen in context.

Any specific thing if you are concerned which can be explain in say 5 mins , please point that out, so I can answer tomorrow.
saket
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thu May 27, 2021 2:33 pm

asifi wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 2:08 pm
There are a lot of concepts and theories in the people domain, need to revise a few important ones.
The People Domain need to be seen in integration with other domains. The major focus is

1. Understand working with Team and Developing and Training them, "Project Resource Management
2. Working with Stakeholders " Stakeholder Management"

After the above
3. Emotional Intelligence in actions say in conflict management, negotiation and influencing
4. Leadership, especially the agile style of leadership.

The above 4 can help you in scoring most of the people domain questions. please do remember that people domain question may come with keywords of risk , quality etc.
gargikatiyar1994

Thu May 27, 2021 3:38 pm

Hello Mr. Bansal.
Appreciating effort to answer the questions in person. Expected as well.

After following all your videos and pmi.lochoice which is theoretical part, in terms of exam preparation could you suggest any particular strategy to remember the concepts and,

In what manner or sequence or summary we can keep the dots connected for the Pmbok 6th and new course.

Also which topics need more attention from Pmbok 6th edition.
Thank you
saket
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fri May 28, 2021 5:59 am

gargikatiyar1994 wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 3:38 pm
Hello Mr. Bansal.
Appreciating effort to answer the questions in person. Expected as well.

After following all your videos and pmi.lochoice which is theoretical part, in terms of exam preparation could you suggest any particular strategy to remember the concepts and,

In what manner or sequence or summary we can keep the dots connected for the Pmbok 6th and new course.

Also which topics need more attention from Pmbok 6th edition.
Thank you
In general, here is the conversation where our old client followed the strategy we recommend and also did great in the PMP exam.

https://youtu.be/t8E7V7OI6kU

For connecting the dots the process is simple take practice tests and see how you can answer questions right and also explore why some of the questions are going wrong.

As a part of my weekly video, I will take this topic today. Looks like all 3 questions posted here are about how to prepare , so looks like it needs to be addressed again beyond what I explain in online classes.

The above video I feel is good place to learn from.
Sa
Santosh

Fri May 28, 2021 11:22 am

Hi Good Afternoon Saket,

I have a question on Decision tree calculation.

The EMV calculation in PMBOK 6th edition is done considering the COST OF DECISION.

Whereas in the PMP exam prep book, the EMV calculation DOES NOT consider the COST OF DECISION. EMV is calculated just by multiplying the Impact x probability at the chance node & then decided whichever alternative option has a higher cumulative value of EMV.

Which one to follow?
Sa
Santosh

Fri May 28, 2021 11:32 am

Question on Quampus video

In Communication Management – Information exchange mechanism video – when explaining SPOKEN type:

Saket said "Synchronous mechanism is where there will be interaction for clarifying doubts instantly, i.e. speaker is physically available & u clear doubt – so this is synchronous"

The further video tells "Speak through video is asynchronous"

The confusion begins when Saket tells "In projects – we speak & interact – therefore it becomes ASYNCHRONOUS"

But I think as per the initial explanation in the same above video, it should be a SYNCHRONOUS mechanism during project information exchange.
saket
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fri May 28, 2021 2:49 pm

So I made two videos:
One for PMP Exam Prep:
https://youtu.be/3zYe1xilaTQ

and Another for two Subject Questions:
https://youtu.be/E34oJtGosjA

Next Week Questions can be posted here :
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19674#p42948