Forum banner

Questions for Me (Saket), till 11th June 7 PM IST +5.5 GMT

Exclusive forum for iZenBirdge PMP® clients
saket
Site Admin
Site Admin

Questions for Me (Saket), till 11th June 7 PM IST +5.5 GMT

Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:50 pm

Holding thread for our coming week questions.
vandu80K

Re: Questions for Me (Saket), till 11th June 7 PM IST +5.5 GMT

Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:51 am

Hello saket,
1 ) I heard that the PMP questions are very lengthy about 2 to 3 lines / question and the answer choices for each question is also 2 to 3 lines ,
so we have a very lenghtly question and answer to read .
if the above is true, then I 2 to 3 minutes to read, process it and analyze and my exam could end even before I attempt all the questions , kindly advise how to tackle this problem,
2)how close are the mock exams posted in iZenBrisge to the real pmp exam, I mean the length and questioning style .

3) I started giving individual chapter assessments after doing 2 revisions on PMBOK , but I only scored 70% in Integration and 60% in scope, even after 2 revisions, and I feel very discouraged to proceed further, does this mean i'Il need another revision or I should continue with chapter assessments and do the mock ?

Regards, Vandita
vandu80K

Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:12 am

hello Saket,
following is the question taken from the campus assessments from Agile.
kindly explain the question and also the options .
Question :
The project must take on new requests to enhance or repair the product while working on a long term plan to deliver a new version of the product .
How should the PM handle the ownership of priority and purchasing of new materials ?

we have 4 options :
answer) facilitate an agreement between stakeholders on priority , ownership and purchasing.

kindly explain above with an example.
also what is meant by priority, ownership and purchasing here ?
regards,
vandita
saket
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:26 am

vandu80K wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:51 am
Hello saket,
1 ) I heard that the PMP questions are very lengthy about 2 to 3 lines / question and the answer choices for each question is also 2 to 3 lines ,
so we have a very lenghtly question and answer to read .
if the above is true, then I 2 to 3 minutes to read, process it and analyze and my exam could end even before I attempt all the questions , kindly advise how to tackle this problem,
You can say 60% questions are of 3 lines and options may have one line only and 40% may be of one liner also. So in general good mix, Yes you need to manage time. How? When you understand the project management well you will start getting what question is asking and will be able to identify topic and options just by seeing it, not even many time reading it. This happen when you develop familiarity with key words and also by doing practice you know what is noise and what is the main question.

I have seen people with Average English reading speed doing good in exam once they develop good grip on the concepts, second is you practice time management towards the later stage of your preparation.
2)how close are the mock exams posted in iZenBrisge to the real pmp exam, I mean the length and questioning style .
Our MOCKs , Mock 1, 2 and 3 are based on PMI's sample to us about the PMP exam questions, so they are expected to represent the smililar patter and complexity with the real exam, the exam keeps changing every month but we can fairly say these mocks works as good way to know how ready are you for exam.
3) I started giving individual chapter assessments after doing 2 revisions on PMBOK , but I only scored 70% in Integration and 60% in scope, even after 2 revisions, and I feel very discouraged to proceed further, does this mean i'Il need another revision or I should continue with chapter assessments and do the mock ?
The answer depend on type of things which are going wrong, if the questions were more focused on understanding the PMBOK than you can ignore since that is not that much important, but if you are missing the recognition of concept itself that you need to fix thegap. 70% is good number , at the same time it all depend on what is the remaining 30% and why it is wrong. for example in schedule space we have lots of numericals , if the numericals are not coming right you can ignore and move forward.
saket
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:29 am

vandu80K wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:12 am
hello Saket,
following is the question taken from the campus assessments from Agile.
kindly explain the question and also the options .
Question :
The project must take on new requests to enhance or repair the product while working on a long term plan to deliver a new version of the product .
How should the PM handle the ownership of priority and purchasing of new materials ?

we have 4 options :
answer) facilitate an agreement between stakeholders on priority , ownership and purchasing.

kindly explain above with an example.
also what is meant by priority, ownership and purchasing here ?
regards,
vandita
The answer is the choice you make based on what are the other options, its not a descriptive exam its a exam where you select choice. so what is the choice.
As I see this choice has nice words like facilitaiton so it looks good to go. You may want to understand why options are not marked as right.
vandu80K

Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:14 am

Good Morning Saket,
I have watched karthik's interview,
at 16:30 min he mentions about a specific style of question that the PMI asks to confuse the test taker, PM trying to prioritize a product backlog, Im confused as what the question could have been ? can you please share any examples of what the possible question could have been ?
vandu80K

Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:16 am

Questions related to Hybrid projects ,
hello Saket,
please could you give us guidance on how to select a possible option when we are in a hybrid environment.
scenario 1: question talks about a PM trying to perform activities in Agile environment
scenario 2 : question talks about a Agile role trying to do something in an predictive environment .
vandu80K

Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:36 pm

Hello Saket,
how do we chose between the 2Prioritization technique of KANO and MoSCoW .
saket
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:40 am

vandu80K wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:36 pm
Hello Saket,
how do we chose between the 2Prioritization technique of KANO and MoSCoW .
No Specific rule, you need to pick the one which stakeholder finds suitable, once picked you add it in your development approach (as a part of Project Management Plan)
So don't try to find a reason to select one over the other, you may get a definition kind of question where one approach has been defined and the question is asking you to identify the same.
saket
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:10 pm

vandu80K wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:16 am
Questions related to Hybrid projects ,
hello Saket,
please could you give us guidance on how to select a possible option when we are in a hybrid environment.
scenario 1: question talks about a PM trying to perform activities in Agile environment
scenario 2 : question talks about a Agile role trying to do something in an predictive environment .
always respect roles be it Scrum or Team, mean something which should be done by Scrum Master or PO and option says it can happen, you support the SM and PO doing it rather you do it.

Same if scrum role try to do something in non scrum team, you also remind them on Team Agreements , I have made video on same, will share the link .
saket
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:31 am

Role of Project Manager in Agile
https://youtu.be/olMsIIVPLxc

How to Choose between various prioritization techniques
https://youtu.be/RuLlFrrEiLk

Return to “PMP® Queries and Tips”