Q - Scope Validation

Exclusive forum for iZenBirdge PMP® clients
vikram_unde
Contributor
Contributor

Q - Scope Validation

Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:54 am

Hi Experts,

I am confused between two answers B or C. Can you help finding correct answer with clarification? (Source - Oliver)

What is true for the process of scope validation?

A Insufficient documentation is not a reason to reject deliverables, as long as in all other respects they are built according to specifications agreed upon.
B The project team members must achieve acceptance of the deliverables. This process is coordinated and documented by the project management team.
C It is the project management team’s responsibility to obtain stakeholder’s formal acceptance of the completed project scope and deliverables.
D Formal acceptance will finally reconcile all inconsistencies among deliverables and documents that where caused by bad change control and scope creep.

Regards,
Vikram Unde
ankurjig
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Q - Scope Validation

Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:47 am

I will choose C.

The reason will be the words 'formal acceptance of the deliverables from the stakeholders'.

It is not just acceptance of deliverables but formal acceptance or sign-off from the sponsor or customer that the project deliverables are as per the agreed requirements. This is similar to obtaining a User Acceptance Test (UAT) sign-off in software industry.

Ankur
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:17 pm

Agree with C
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
vikram_unde
Contributor
Contributor

Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:23 am

ankurjig wrote:I will choose C.

The reason will be the words 'formal acceptance of the deliverables from the stakeholders'.

It is not just acceptance of deliverables but formal acceptance or sign-off from the sponsor or customer that the project deliverables are as per the agreed requirements. This is similar to obtaining a User Acceptance Test (UAT) sign-off in software industry.

Ankur
Thanks Ankur!!
bi
bibhuti.s.das

Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:59 am

Fine, I agree with the logic that 'Formal Acceptance' implies Option C. But what's wrong in Option B. There it is only 'Acceptance', so B should be equally valid choice.
Please suggest!
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:14 am

Ankutjig has aleady replied the logic why B is not the right option
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/

Return to “PMP® Queries and Tips”