"Certificates of Appreciation" OPA

Exclusive Forum for students to discuss PMP® queries and queries related to iZenBridge questions
pranshul.rawat

"Certificates of Appreciation" OPA

Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:01 am

PMBOK- 9.5.1.6 mentions "Certificate of Appreciation" as one of the inputs to "Manage Team"
"Certificate of appreciation" seems like a R&R(reward & recognition) to me and "R&R" is primarily a tool and technique for "Develop Team".

I'm now confused whether to associate rewards and recognition with "Develop Team" OR "Manage Team" Both these processes are performed almost together but in the exam, which process to associate R&R with
Thanks,
Pranshul (Exam scheduled on 21-Nov) :roll:
Update - Passed the exam :D Thanks to all the educators and all the best to fellow test takers.
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: "Certificates of Appreciation" OPA

Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:14 pm

pranshul.rawat wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:01 am
PMBOK- 9.5.1.6 mentions "Certificate of Appreciation" as one of the inputs to "Manage Team"
"Certificate of appreciation" seems like a R&R(reward & recognition) to me and "R&R" is primarily a tool and technique for "Develop Team".

I'm now confused whether to associate rewards and recognition with "Develop Team" OR "Manage Team" Both these processes are performed almost together but in the exam, which process to associate R&R with
There is a difference between 'rewards and recognition' & 'Certificate of appreciation'

Certificate of appreciation is some sort of formal appreciation (Reward) that the team member would have received in past, it is used as an input so that PM can know the strengths of a given team member during Manage team, a smart PM will leverage the strengths of a PM to benefit of the project
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/

Return to “PMP® Exam Prep Questions”