forum pin post

Retrospective or Standup ?

Exclusive Forum for students to discuss PMP® queries and queries related to iZenBridge questions
pa
pallav299

Retrospective or Standup ?

Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:05 pm

A planned task for a project does not get completed due to an issue that appeared three days ago but did not get resolved. The project manager wants to prevent this type of situation in the future.

What should the project manager do?

A. During the retrospective, examine the issue.

B. In the demo, address the issue.

C. During the next iteration planning meeting, discuss the issue.

D. In the next daily standup meeting, review the issue.

Given answer is A and my answer is D . Maybe if the issues was discussed as impediment in the daily standup three days before, it would have never occurred. Or even if occurred, it would have got resolved two days ago. Retrospective generally happens at the end of iteration. The question does not mentions that if the team in in start, mid or end of iteration. Hence I think discussing issues in standup as impediment is quicker way of resolving the issues rather than waiting till the end of iteration for retrospective.
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: Retrospective or Standup ?

Mon May 03, 2021 12:58 am

pallav299 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:05 pm
A planned task for a project does not get completed due to an issue that appeared three days ago but did not get resolved. The project manager wants to prevent this type of situation in the future.

What should the project manager do?

A. During the retrospective, examine the issue.

B. In the demo, address the issue.

C. During the next iteration planning meeting, discuss the issue.

D. In the next daily standup meeting, review the issue.

Given answer is A and my answer is D . Maybe if the issues was discussed as impediment in the daily standup three days before, it would have never occurred. Or even if occurred, it would have got resolved two days ago. Retrospective generally happens at the end of iteration. The question does not mentions that if the team in in start, mid or end of iteration. Hence I think discussing issues in standup as impediment is quicker way of resolving the issues rather than waiting till the end of iteration for retrospective.
Daily stand ups are not to discuss past sprints issues and definitely not a reflection meeting, its a quick standup meeting with a timeboxed agenda.
Retrospective are used for lessons learned, and how team can improve for upcoming sprints

Last bumped by Anonymous on Mon May 03, 2021 12:58 am.
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/

Return to “PMP® Exam Prep Questions”