July 20th 2019 , PMP Clarification @ 7:00 PM IST

One spot to pull in the announcement of exclusive webinar and to post further doubts and queries
abha Gupta
Contributor
Contributor

July 20th 2019 , PMP Clarification @ 7:00 PM IST

Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:40 am

Use this thread to post your queries, we will discuss in the Webinar.

Day/Date:- Sat/July 20th, 2019

Time:- 7:00 - 8:00 PM IST + 5:30 GMT

This session will be taken by Manish Panchmatia

Get Registered: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_Osn ... jd8_8rhcvQ

Regards,
Abha Gupta
suri345

Re: July 20th 2019 , PMP Clarification @ 7:00 PM IST

Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:12 am

Hi Abha,

My question is related to proj Integration management.

We have already gathered all data and then created the business case by mentioning / showcasing the requirements of initiation of the project. Then why again we are using Data gathering T&T in Develop project charter .

It has some meaning that if we use this T&T in PMP preparation, as we are taking the views of each stakeholder to incorporate their wants,needs and expectations.
Last edited by suri345 on Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
suri345

Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:53 am

Hi Abha,

My next question is also related to Develop project charter.

What are the situations/ conditions that would influence to update /modify the project charter.

If we need to do the update /modification to the project charter, who are authorized to do that (in absence of PMO) and whether this also should go under the CCB review.

Please clarify.

Thanks in advance.
suri345

Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:32 pm

Hi Abha,

A project is undertaken into program management , if the project any limits (like risk , cost) are going beyond of the program limits. So, can we take it as exception after informing to program manager or do we need to strictly follow the program limits or do we have chance to revisit the program limit (as per project requirement) or do we need to go through the CCB (either to change the program or project limits).
suri345

Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:13 pm

Hi Abha,

As per my understating , we should conduct an impact analysis before taking the change into consideration either for approval/ reject. So, this impact analysis will be done in which process group.
suri345

Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:36 pm

Hi abha,

Can you please differentiate the Risk register and risk report?

Also please clarify on issue log & Risk register. How can we decide whether it's issue or a risk.

why i posted this question is, when there is a conflict between to team members (about a procedure of doing work) , first we will list down this as an issue. If this issue is not going to be resolved early, it's going to pose as an risk in terms of delay in delivery, or the argue may go beyond and create a gap between employees and may destroy the team spirit ..etc.

In such case how to decide , whether we should log it in issue or risk register.
bhavini.barot

Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:12 pm

Hi Abha,

I have consolidated all questions in this post.

1) How are Corrective action and Defect repair different? By PMBOK definition, I find Corrective and Preventive almost serve same purpose.
3) I have difficulty understanding difference between Knowledge management and Information management. Managing tacit knowledge falls unde Knowledge mgmt and explicit under information management?
4) We see project mgmt plans being updated in many of the processes. cn we update project mgmt plans outside integrated chage control? I know it is also written in the PMBOK6 but I am unable to understand it because PM plan can only be updated once the change request, an output to this process, is approved or rejected
5) I have difficulty understanding concept of Control Account and Planning Packages
6) What is difference between Variance analysis and trend analysis?
7) PMBOK Pg 171 - Schedule baseline. Described in Section 6.5.3.1. Changes to the schedule baseline are incorporated in response to approved changes in scope, resources, or schedule estimates. In some cases, schedule variances can be so severe that a revised schedule baseline is needed to provide a realistic basis for performance measurement.

Question: How do we get approved changes in this process? should not they be output of perform integrated change control process? Are we talking about changes approved where perform change control process might be skipped (not mandatory)
8) what is meant by closed loop? A is predecessor for B and B is predecessor for A? Pg 190 in PMBOK
9) What is Summary activity?
10) When to use Three point estimation vs PERT?
11) Contingency reserve are added at each activity level based on complexity, risk and resource allocation? Or should be added at higher level like WP
12) Is it realistic to find project standard deviation ?
13) Effort and cost for implementing risk responses are part of contingency reserve or actual project effort estimates
14) How do we manage schedule contingency reserve and cost contingency reserve? Are they separate in overall project contingency reserve defined in baseline?
15) What type of questions might come in exam related to mote carlo analysis
16) What is difference between actual cost and expenditures
suri345

Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:25 pm

Difference between Tolerance, Threshold, Control limit?

what is story point?

When the issue log will be updated (execution, M&C)?

There are 33 project documents as per PMBOK but in manage project knowledge area i/p there is a mention of source selection criteria as a project document i/p ? how come and where from this has came?

Return to “PMP® Exclusive Webinars”