Forum banner

How to estimate Testing efforts in an Agile Project?

List of all PMI-ACP® Resources of iZenbridge available for all PMI-ACP® Aspirants
seema.sonkiya
Expert
Expert

How to estimate Testing efforts in an Agile Project?

Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:37 am

Well, it all depends on where you are in project execution? When you are at the initial stage of the project, you usually do capacity-based planning. In capacity-based planning, you see how much time and capacity you have in the iteration - here you find answers of questions to get understanding of capacity -
How many developers I have
I many testers I have
How many designers and Architects I have etc
All of them together how many hours they can work and how much they can complete. So you get an understanding of team capacity and pick the work for the iteration accordingly.

But once iteration starts, the team collaborates, and they figure out how to finish work together as a team. Gradually the team gets the clarity about at what rate they are completing work as a team? In other words, the team get clarity on what size of work they usually complete in an iteration. And the size of work includes all efforts of development, designing, testing, documentation, script upgrade etc. In other words, the size of work equals whatever it takes from backlog to make it Done. It considers all efforts.

The size of work which the team delivers at the end of an iteration is known as Velocity and gradually team moves from capacity-based planning to velocity-based planning. For more details about Capacity vs Velocity planning, please refer - viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19283

Also, to explore more about - How to estimate Testing efforts in an Agile Project? Please watch following video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8qx1CeLtVo

#ICPACC #agilemindset #agilecoaching #agiletraining #agiletransformation #agileleadership #agiledevelopment
#agiletesting

Return to “Agile / PMI-ACP® Resources”