forum

Cleared My PMI-ACP exam

PMI-ACP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories
pank_pmp

Cleared My PMI-ACP exam

Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:03 am

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know you all that today (09 Nov'15) I cleared my PMI-ACP exam. I shall get back with detailed LL soon.

Thanks everybody from IzenBridge for all support I required in this journey.

Best,
Pankaj Chaturvedi, PMP, PMI-ACP

:)
pank_pmp

Re: Cleared My PMI-ACP exam

Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:25 am

Hi again,

Back to share the experience with ACP preparation and exam.

I started my ACP prep journey in May'15 immediately after successfully achieving PMP cert this Feb'15. I always knew that I have to go with few more certifications and PMP was just a kick start of that. After few days of confusion in selecting the right cert (thought of doing PgMP) and some discussion with well wishers, I narrowed down to ACP. I was lucky that I got hold of Mike Griffith's book in the beginning, which I read once, making myself aware of basics of Agile Principles and Practices. I then attended Saket's 2 day classroom training in May 23rd and 24th (24th being my B'day :)). As usual Saket's classroom was joy and fun making things more clearer to me.

Since I had my Agile kick start already, I also attended DiscussAgile conference in Delhi, which solidified my belief in achieving the certification. It was fun and very knowledgeable meet.

I had a little hiatus in end of June and beginning of July in terms of my preparation due to some innovative projects we had in organization with potential client but after mid of July I again started preparing for the exam rigorously. Below are few points which contributed mainly in my preparation:

1. Watched all Izen Videos while completing each after video quiz's immediately to solidify the understanding.
2. Started reading Mike Griffith book while practicing the after chapter questions.
3. Watched again Izen all videos and this time I started practicing 20/30 questions from question bank. I am very impatient guy and did not have courage to pick 3 hours exam at this moment :).
4. In the meantime of my preparation I kept on attending various Agile meetup organized by Izen along with few other meetups and believe they helped me immensely. They are helpful in keeping your tempo.

5. I had couple of other books reference books with me, which I kept flipping topic wise on and off.
6. I again read Mike Griffith books (Not sure how many time I read it though but minimum thrice :)) and watched Izen videos again.
7. Once I was done and exhausted with studies I started practicing various tests, Quampus/Izen tests,
8. I have taken Izen test 'n' number of times (including both 3hrs exam) and the same with Mike Griffith book. I was scoring ranging 84% to 95% in Izen and Griffith specifically.
9. I also started exploring various free test available on web and just forgot to add practiced Scordo at least three times. By the end of third attempt I was almost scoring 95 to 100% in Scordo.

10. By the end of my preparation I was scoring 90 to 100% in various tests.

By end September I was almost ready with my preparation but again due to some business requirement postponed the exam for sometime.

About Exam:
1. I am not sure about the exam before change happened in ACP exam but believe me that PMI has made ACP almost as we have for PMP. Lots of similar options, which makes one hard to select the correct one. I got jitters in the beginning of exam as I was not sure whether I have selected selected correct option or not. I believe many situation questions has been added now including what is *NEXT BEST* option.
2. I did not got any question on NPV, IRR etc.
3. Couple of questions on Lean and another couple of questions on KANBAN.
4. Team building and Agile principles have weight-age in test.
5. I finished my exam almost in two hours but one can finish it earlier too. I reviewed 30-40 questions and changed couple of options selected earlier and used all the time for review. On contrary of PMP exam I did marked few questions for review, which is good practice.

For somebody who's planning to appear for exam I would suggest to start with Mike Griffith's book. It is simple covers maximum of topics adequately and I would rather compare it with Rita Mulcahy's PMP prep book. Go for genuine training provider and practice test. I have been lucky that I had classes with Saket since I believe after almost more than one year association with him, I understand his training style (we have been synchronized :)). Secondly, he is very passionate about his training that is again a plus.

For test takers I would suggest to make a commitment to yourself and try to schedule the exam. Make sure you study an hour of flip topics here and there DAILY to be in sync. It helps.

I did not studied couple of days before exams, since I must be exhausted and wanted to take rest. Join some network or meetup it surely helps.

All the best for your endeavors and let me know if I could be any assistance to you.

@Saket: SA is in target now. May be your scheduled December class :) .......

Best,
Pankaj
saket
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:11 pm

Congratulations !!! and yes we do have SAFe Agilist plan in first week of December.
Explore our online PMP Program , it makes PMP Easy :-) http://goo.gl/ZmD3xF

Image Image Image Image
sunjaykumar

Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:09 pm

Congratulations Pankaj! It was well deserved, you put in lot more effort than most guys. :-)
And, thanks for your detailed feedback.
Cheers!!
Sanjay Kumar
Agile Trainer & Coach
pank_pmp

Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:07 am

Thanks Sanjay. Believe me ACP exam is more of scenario based now and I have difficulties in selecting answers. I would suggest aspirant to understand the concepts and best practices to able to select correct option. ACP exam is more of like PMP...
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:51 pm

congratulations Pankaj
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
santanuded
Beginner
Beginner

Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:28 am

Many Many congratulations on your success. Could you possibly drop me an email at catchsantanu@gmail.com so that I can be in touch with you regarding a few questions about my readiness to start preparing for ACP?
seema.sonkiya
Expert
Expert

Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:20 am

Congratulations Pankaj :-)
AM1969
Contributor
Contributor

Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:18 am

Congratulations! Well done
pank_pmp

Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:00 am

Thanks all!

@Santanuded: I shall do that! or alternatively drop me an email on chaturvedipankaj245@gmail.com for questions if any.
sunjaykumar

Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:45 am

Shantanu,
Please keep in mind, you also have an option to post your queries here, so we all can respond and learn in the process. :-)
Good luck anyways...
Sanjay Kumar
Agile Trainer & Coach
pank_pmp

Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:07 am

Please keep in mind, you also have an option to post your queries here, so we all can respond and learn in the process.
Agreed! Forum is the best place.

Pankaj
Monacocity

Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:56 am

Congrats
I am going for the exam and I would like to chat with you
Could you please drop me an email
monacocity66@hotmail.com
Thank you
Sandra
pank_pmp

Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:45 am

Hi Sandra,

No issues if you have any specific questions but believe me forum is best place to clear your doubts, since so many gurus can view your post and come out with possible answers or solutions.

Let me know if I still can assistant!

Return to “PMI-ACP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories”