Forum banner

Project Team Training Cost

Discuss PMP doubts, tips and lesson learned. iZenBridge makes PMP® Certification easy
AskQuestions

Project Team Training Cost

Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:44 am

Hello, Saket,

Could you please help me understand re: training cost involved with providing training to PROJECT TEAM MEMBER(s)? I see conflicting info from the study questions in Andy Crowe's book and IzenBridge chapter tests (see below).

My request for clarifications are:
1) Before a person is selected to join a project team, who pays the training cost so the person can obtain the skills/knowledge needed to join a project?
2) After a person has been added to a project team, who pays for the training cost, if the member lacks necessary knowledge?
3) When does a functional manager pay training cost for his/her subordinates who is working on a project (because of lack of skills)?
4) When is the training cost paid the by project budget?
5) When does a performing organization pay for the training cost needed for projects?
6) In the below questions, are the circumstances in each author's question different which caused 2 different answers? If so, would you please explain why the answers may be different?

Conflicting info references:
1) Andy Crowe's book states the functional mgr should pay for the training.
* Question states: "Trey, a functional manager has supplied a database developer to a project managed by Vickie; however, it became apparent that the developer lacks the knowledge to work on the operating environment the team is using. Vicky and Trey determine that the resource can attend a training class and close the gap in skills." Who should pay for it?
* Answer is: Trey (functional mgr) department should pay for the training.
* Andy's explanation: "Remember this: unless it is unusual circumstance, the project does not pay for training. Trey supplied the developer to work on the project, and it is the functional organization's responsibility to provide competent and training resources."

2) IzenBridge chapter questions states :
* Chap 9 Assessment test questions #2 states: team members' training cost is to be paid by the project budget.
* Chap 9 Assessment test question 14 states: the training cost can be paid by the project budget or the performing organization.

Thank you.
manish12345

PMP Exam analysis

Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:39 am

Hi,

Can you please help me in below situation:

1. Change request has been approved by CCB and project manager updated all documents accordingly. During implementation, project team realized they are unable to process the change.

What should PM DO?

A) RAISE CHANGE REQUEST for same.
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: PMP Exam analysis

Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:26 pm

manish12345 wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:39 am
Hi,

Can you please help me in below situation:

1. Change request has been approved by CCB and project manager updated all documents accordingly. During implementation, project team realized they are unable to process the change.

What should PM DO?

A) RAISE CHANGE REQUEST for same.
what is meaning of process the change term?
Is it due to lack of competence or lack of resources or something else

I need to know exact situation in the question
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/

Return to “PMP® Open Forum”