forum banner

Life Cycle

Discuss PMP doubts, tips and lesson learned. iZenBridge makes PMP® Certification easy
Saubhagya Raizada

Life Cycle

Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:59 am

Hi,

I was going through Agile Video lessons by Saket Bansal on Quampus and came across few doubts regarding Life cycle:

1. Does only Agile can be called as Adaptive?
2. Can Iterative life cycle can be called Adaptive?
3. Can Incremental Life cycle be called as Adaptive?
4. What types of life cycles can be called Change driven (i.e. does Iterative or Incremental also be called as Change driven)?
5. Since PMBoK define Project life cycle to be only Predictive and Adaptive while Development cycle to be Predictive, Incremental, Iterative, Agile and Hybrid, is there a reason why Project Life cycle cannot be Incremental, Iterative or Hybrid?
6. How does Incremental and Iterative cycle differ in terms of extent of Scope, Time and Cost to be known prior to commencing any of these cycle?

Thanks,

Saubhagya
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: Life Cycle

Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:57 pm

Saubhagya Raizada wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:59 am
Hi,

I was going through Agile Video lessons by Saket Bansal on Quampus and came across few doubts regarding Life cycle:

1. Does only Agile can be called as Adaptive?
Agile is combination of Adaptive and iterative.

2. Can Iterative life cycle can be called Adaptive?
See answer above
3. Can Incremental Life cycle be called as Adaptive?
Incremental is building the product/ services in increments , technically without adapting on feedback (like we don in Agile.

4. What types of life cycles can be called Change driven (i.e. does Iterative or Incremental also be called as Change driven)?
Adaptive, Agile, Hybrid
5. Since PMBoK define Project life cycle to be only Predictive and Adaptive while Development cycle to be Predictive, Incremental, Iterative, Agile and Hybrid, is there a reason why Project Life cycle cannot be Incremental, Iterative or Hybrid?
We should broadly think of life cycle as predictive and non predictive.

6. How does Incremental and Iterative cycle differ in terms of extent of Scope, Time and Cost to be known prior to commencing any of these cycle?

read blog
https://www.izenbridge.com/blog/project ... -adaptive/

Thanks,

Saubhagya
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/

Return to “PMP® Open Forum”