forum banner

RISK RESPONSE

Discuss PMP doubts, tips and lesson learned. iZenBridge makes PMP® Certification easy
praveen84

RISK RESPONSE

Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:47 am

Saket, Pls clarify. Question NO. 57 Mock Test 1

A project manager implemented an approved change to manage a risk. Three months after the implemented change, the project manager learns that the change did not produce the desired result, and there are adverse consequences. What can the project manager do to avoid this problem on future projects?
• A. Revisit or change existing assumptions after reviewing the assumption log.
• B. Update the lessons learned register with the risk information.
• C. Follow up to verify that a risk response is performing as expected.
• D. Update the probability and impact matrix after assessing any new risks.

My answer is B, correct answer is C

The question asks what is to be done to avoid "this" problem in future. Should i consider the problem as failed risk response or failure in process i.e non-verification of implemented risk for desired result. But PM did verify to only find that the response did not work and three months is good time required for gauging the effectiveness of implementation.

Is it not I need to update the lessons learned so that to document the risk response planned earlier didn’t work, the information of which helps future projects.
saket
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: RISK RESPONSE

Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:06 am

11.7 Monitor Risks—The process of monitoring the implementation of agreed-upon risk response plans,
tracking identified risks, identifying and analyzing new risks, and evaluating risk process effectiveness throughout the project.
You might have studied this process in PMBOK videos, I understand questions is tricking by saying future which may mean Lesson Learned also. So what the question is saying is first you need to check did we responded well, and if not what should we do differently to other risk responses as well. Since we need to Monitor risk responses.
What can the project manager do to avoid this problem on future projects?
I do feel questions become better when it says " avoid this problem in future" rather than saying future projects.

At least for our database we update the question, but some confusing questions can appear in exam.

So with current question, i feel your answer is right we need to update the question to make control risk right
seema.sonkiya
Expert
Expert

Re: RISK RESPONSE

Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:13 pm

The question is updated in the database.

Return to “PMP® Open Forum”