forum

legal requirement for customer or for the organization ?

Discuss PMP doubts, tips and lesson learned. iZenBridge makes PMP® Certification easy
Harsha
Contributor
Contributor

legal requirement for customer or for the organization ?

Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:53 am

Hi ,

Can you please help me to clarify. In the below question as I understand the legal requirement is for my customer and for the organization its just a market demand. However, the answer specifies "Legal Requirement" as the right answer. Can you please help me ?

Rita is working as project manager for an automobile ancillary manufacturing company XYZ. XYZ has operations in Europe and is strategic supplier for many leading Truck manufacturing companies. Two of their customers, who are truck manufacturing companies, inform the CEO of XYZ that due to new regulations for emissions in US, XYZ will have to manufacture emission filter to match new standard. Rita is given the responsibility to manage the project to design new emission filter. This is an example of :

Technological advance

Market Demand

Ecological impact

Legal Requirement

The
pank_pmp

Re: legal requirement for customer or for the organization

Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:33 am

It is not market demand but regulatory requirements, which legally bound. Please notice few words from question for hint that due to new regulations for emissions in US

HTH,
Pankaj
Harsha
Contributor
Contributor

Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:11 am

Hi Pankaj,

Still i am not sure about the explanation provided by you.

Legal regulations is for my customer who is in US and I am XYZ company operating from Europe. As a organization for me its just the change in the requirements which in turn will satisfy the legal regulations for my customer who is based out of US.

regards
Harsha
bhuvanpanwar1983
Contributor
Contributor

Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:59 am

the question asked for trigger point of the project - which is due to legal requirement changed in US - that's why the project is in place to develop new emissions solution to be used in US. It could be a change in requirement for a vendor but what has triggered that requirement is the "legal requirement".
remember - EEF, enterprise environmental Factor, where you need to comply with govt policies in your project.
pank_pmp

Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:07 am

Or consider Legal requirement as a subset of market demand in this case. :)
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:16 am

Market demand is driven by end cutomers in most of cases or situations
For e.g. - if there is winter coming retailers need to stock more winter clothing, or if there is holiday season, holiday planners need to gear up for more capacity.

the example provided is of Legal compliance

The question is not asking from point of view of company XYZ or truck manufacturing company, its a situation and you need to best relate to the situation mentioned in the question.
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/

Return to “PMP® Open Forum”