forum

Heading for the exam-Need suggetions

Discuss PMP doubts, tips and lesson learned. iZenBridge makes PMP® Certification easy
nibharai
Beginner
Beginner

Heading for the exam-Need suggetions

Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:14 pm

Hello guys..

I am heading for my exam on 21-Aug(On leave from today:-)).

I have read Rita mulchey(3 times)/PMBOK(3 times)/Headfirst(Once) and i keep watching Saket's video as they are wonderful.

Trying to be confident and keep the negative thoughts away..But as i have heard so much being PMP so tough,I am still scarred.

Given some test

PM fast track(200 quest,26-July)- 73.5%
Exam central(200 quest,1-Aug)-81%
EVM izeinbridge(15 question,1-Aug)-93.5%
Scordo(50 questions each,Completed 16 test)- 80-90%
Pmstudy knowledge area- 80-90%
Oliver lehman(175 question,2-Aug)-78%
Oliver lehman(75 questions,9-Aug)- 65.3%

I am still having some time to give the exam,Have planned to give 2-3 complete mocks(Headfirst,Pmstudy,PM exam simulator) in coming days.
I have learnt adn understood ITTOs (Get at least 90% correct-Although have heard we get only 2-3 questions on this,still for self confidence).

Can you please suggest any additionally If i need to do something then this..as the fear of exam is making me nervous and when i read question dont get it in the first time.

Sorry for such a long post..but just wanted to explain the exact situation.
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: Heading for the exam-Need suggetions

Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:25 pm

Hi Nibha,

Your scores from mock looks good but I don't see you have attempted izenbridges full length mock please do so.

Exam nervousness is good t have but don't let it override your confidence.

till day before exam
- have yuor brain dump ready (which you will dump on paper during first 15 min of exam)
- Attempt good quality mock and focus on your time management, target to finish mock in 3.45 hr to help u get some buffer . (dont repeat mocks, if you start getting same questions its no fun )
- read any area (s) where you feel u need to bridge GAP Relax and de-stress a day before exam

ALL the Best
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
nibharai
Beginner
Beginner

Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:27 pm

Thank you so much manish..

Sure will attempt it..
coolpmp69
Contributor
Contributor

Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:34 pm

Looks like you have prepared well for the exam based on you mock scores...just brush up areas where you think you are weak or confusing areas. Good luck!!
pank_pmp

Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:59 am

Your scores seems to be good. No need to worry. I would suggest to have grip on Rita's HR management KA, this is one scoring area in exam. Try not to study a day ahead of exam (Try to hang out with friends or watch movie, de-stress ), visit pro metric center ahead of exam, if haven't done to see the time you may require to reach the center. Reach exam center early (half an hour) to avoid last minute hassles.

And as Manish suggested, if possible attempt one Izen mock test but if you cannot, do not worry. All the best.

Pankaj
nibharai
Beginner
Beginner

Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:18 am

Thanks Pank..

Will surely attempt it..and than you guys for helping..

Return to “PMP® Open Forum”