forum

Suggestions Welcome

Discuss PMP doubts, tips and lesson learned. iZenBridge makes PMP® Certification easy
peeali

Suggestions Welcome

Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:31 am

Dear All,

I will be appearing for PMP exam on 10th November 2015. What should be the preparation strategy for the next 1 month? And there after before the last day of the exam.
Request suggestions from experts in the field.

Thanks, Peeali
jyotimayank
Expert
Expert

Re: Suggestions Welcome

Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:41 am

Hi Peeali,
By now you must have taken all knowledge-area wise practice tests and a couple of full length mock test. Just note down your weak areas. Focus on your weak areas for first half of the month, go through the related videos at least once again. Take a retest , in the last 10-15 days, don't study anything new just revise revise and revise what you know. Go through PMBOK glossary (you can crack few direct questions from there)

All the best!!
Jyoti :)
Jyoti Gupta
PMP Mentor & Coach

iZenbridge Consultancy Pvt Ltd
peeali

Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:36 am

Hi Jyoti,

Thanks a lot for the valuable advice.

Thanks, Peeali
vivek3377

Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:09 am

I will be giving it in the mid-Oct. I have done first round of PMBok, Rita's and 2 Full length mock exams, scored 75-80% in both of them. Joined some quality forums, and am actively participating in them. iZenbridge is one of them.
Identified that Schedule and Cost Management and Communication-Stakeholder Management as weak areas (need refresher in those areas) - Yes, you may feel that communication and Stakeholders Management are relatively easy, it got confusing for me to identify whether situational questions were related to stakeholder communications or stakeholder needs and expectations!

My second round goals are -
1) Repeat reading of PMBok and Rita's again - These are my 'Holy Books'!!
2) Regularly visiting the PMP forums and watching PMP videos is of great help - To get a lot of doubts sorted out; or to realize many project management concepts, while you trying to answer questions asked by others
3) Devote min. 2-4 hrs for daily study, depending on your experience - To maintaining consistency in studies
4) Taking up knowledge area wise tests - To confirm my knowledge and understanding
5) Concentrating on numericals - To ensure that I will be able to answer all these questions correctly
6) Creating a list of keywords ('buzz' words) for each knowledge area - more like a PMBoK Glossary - This will be my last-day go-to list

Most important have your schedule created in Calendar format. Use is as your project, and resource calendar!
Hope this helps.
peeali

Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:02 am

Thanks Vivek3377. Well all the best for your exam :)

Thanks, Peeali
janarthank

Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:48 am

Hi Vivek3377,

Can you let me know the best free/paid best sources of mock tests for knowledge area(s) & numerical problems.

regards
Janarthan K
arotashraf2

Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:19 pm

janarthank wrote:Hi Vivek3377,

Can you let me know the best free/paid best sources of mock tests for knowledge area(s) & numerical problems.

regards
Janarthan K
me too
saket
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:55 am

Friends, this site / forum is managed by us and we do have online program on PMP : www.izenbridge.com/pmp/online-course/

We believe in end to end PMP preparation approach, you might have already seen ...from last one month people are hardly getting one or two question on Maths related topics.
Explore our online PMP Program , it makes PMP Easy :-) http://goo.gl/ZmD3xF

Image Image Image Image
ujjal_show

Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:34 pm

Yes I do agree with Saket. Izen bridge PMP program is best in the industry till time.
And very low cost too.

Return to “PMP® Open Forum”