forum

Successful PMP

Discuss PMP doubts, tips and lesson learned. iZenBridge makes PMP® Certification easy
ram

Successful PMP

Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:37 am

Hi Friends,
A dream come true....yesterday I passed PMP exam. I had so much of anxiety but finally made it !!

Although I had completed many projects in my career I should say PMP way is something which is very elaborate and very good. But PMP exam is not easy....huh. Then you may wonder how??

Frankly there is no magic formula. Let me share my EXAM experience.
1. First fear: After 11 Jan 2016 there is a change .
---> Frankly nothing much based on exam experience.
2. Questions come in random order not like as you study process by process...this is the beauty of holistic PM Integration.
3. Despite my best preparation I was stuck in my first 20 questions....it was like I do-not know what to do. But by the time I reached 50....it was a breeze through.
4. I managed to complete all in about 3 hrs ++ and had time to review. I had marked down the questions that I had doubts.
5. Calculation questions were not that difficult. But check before you answer. Your calculation may be correct but you may tick the wrong answer.

My STUDY preparation:
1. I had prepared as per PMBOK 5th edition....a total on about 2 months prepartion.
2. Watched many online videos on PMP exam ....that best was Mr Saket sirs'. He has explained in detail in an easy to understand manner.
3. Tried over sample 1000 questions( many gotten online)....do not look at answers. Try again until you get to the root of the scenario.
4. To pass the PMP certification exam, you must know the 10 PMP Knowledge Areas and the 47 PMP Processes well. I know it is very hard remember.
5. The gist is....if you understand the concept well you can apply in any given scenario.

All the best. You can do it too. :)
Regards and wishes,
Ram
rameshsa@yahoo.com
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Successful PMP

Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:33 am

Ram,
Hearty Congrats.. Can u please elaborated on the questions from new tasks that were added - did u find them?
ram

Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:00 am

Hi Ramesh,
Thanks.

It is very hard to elaborate on the changes. My strength was in the "Initiating the Project" (3 tasks added – task 2, task 7, task 8) and in "Monitoring and controlling the project" (2 tasks added – task 6, task 7) and hence it helped. I think I just managed "Executing the Project" in the task 6, task 7.

As there are so many questions coming in random processes it is very tough to remember them !! One other thing, despite from Mechanical field I managed the other domain area related questions. :)

Wishes,
Ram
ujjal_show

Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:32 am

Congratulations Ram..

Return to “PMP® Open Forum”