forum

User Story

Discuss PMI-ACP® doubts, tips and lesson learned. Be agile with iZenBridge
pank_pmp

User Story

Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:47 am

In Agile methods, user stories are best developed by:

1 The entire team, because they understand the project needs best
2 The customer because it should be worded using business language which can help in prioritizing for inclusion into iterations
3 The developers because it should be worked on into technical equivalents and codified such that acceptance tests can be run
4 The product manager who sponsors the project because they have the most knowledge about the needs of the acceptance tests

Option 3 and 4 can be straight away strike out. I am assuming the correct answer should be Option 1. Option 2 is close also but the word iterations in this option and entire team in option 1 supersedes the option 2.

I do not know the correct answer (picked up randomly from web) so I believe I am correct :)
Pankaj
pank_pmp

Re: User Story

Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:26 am

I am opting for Option 2, since customer is the best to describe the business requirements and can prioritize the user stories. Although it is good idea to include in writing and prioritizing the user story but not necessarily, everybody in team understand the specific needs of the business requirements (clue from entire team written in option).

Hope I am right!
sanjaykumar
Expert
Expert

Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:27 am

I would go with #3, primarily because of use of phrase "developed by", as against "created by".
Sanjay Kumar
Agile Trainer & Coach
pank_pmp

Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:00 am

I would not agree! Expert comment please!
pank_pmp

Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:18 pm

I take my comment back and now can see where you pointing at when you say 'develop by'. I have checked the answer (found it on web) and it says correct option is 2 almost explaining the reason I have mentioned.

Not sure though :)
sanjaykumar
Expert
Expert

Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:46 am

I also thought of #2 to begin with, but I guess it is just wrong choice of words.
Wish they had said 'defined by'. :-)
Sanjay Kumar
Agile Trainer & Coach

Return to “PMI-ACP® Open Forum”