Change Request

Discuss PMP doubts, tips and lesson learned. iZenBridge makes PMP® Certification easy
binesh007

Change Request

Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:54 pm

You are currently performing a monitoring and controlling project activity, and you have discovered that some of the project work has not been performed according to the plan. If these issues are not fixed before the next customer inspection, your project might be cancelled. You have analysed the situation, and the corrective action will only require a minor adjustment to a configuration element. What should you do first?
A. Implement the corrective actions
B. Submit a change request
C. Consult the project sponsor
D. Delay the scheduled customer inspection
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: Change Request

Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:35 pm

binesh007 wrote:You are currently performing a monitoring and controlling project activity, and you have discovered that some of the project work has not been performed according to the plan. If these issues are not fixed before the next customer inspection, your project might be cancelled. You have analysed the situation, and the corrective action will only require a minor adjustment to a configuration element. What should you do first?
A. Implement the corrective actions
B. Submit a change request
C. Consult the project sponsor
D. Delay the scheduled customer inspection

It has to be option #2, refer to section 4.5.3.2 in PMBOK
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
binesh007

Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:24 pm

Thanks for your kind reply. In question it is mentioned that "you discovered that some of the project work has not been performed according to the PLAN. My doubt is why we need CR to perform something which was already in the plan and missed to implement it. As per my understanding CR is used to implement if there is a change from any plan or baselines. Can you please clarify?
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:14 am

binesh007 wrote:Thanks for your kind reply. In question it is mentioned that "you discovered that some of the project work has not been performed according to the PLAN. My doubt is why we need CR to perform something which was already in the plan and missed to implement it. As per my understanding CR is used to implement if there is a change from any plan or baselines. Can you please clarify?

good catch , and yes I agree that if the original scope is to be delivered you dont need a CR, however since you need to perform corrective action as mentioned in the question, and corrective action is not part of original scope hence you need a CR
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/

Return to “PMP® Open Forum”