PMP Forum banner

Grade and Quality - option issues

Exclusive forum for iZenBirdge PMP® clients
ralapatt

Grade and Quality - option issues

Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:28 pm

Please help with this question from iZenbridge and there is an issues the answer options. the word "a low grade of quality may not be a problem" is incorrect. it should be "a low grade of product may not be a problem" Which is why I chose answer D - Because both quality and grade be low it is per project requirement

Question 26 
1.00/0.00
Moses is a project manager and working on quality of his project. He is always confused between grade and quality. He is never able to make a bottom line which one can be compromised on the cost of other. Which is the below can help Moses understanding the true fundamental of grade and quality?
•  
A quality level that fails to meet quality requirements is always a problem, a low grade of quality may not be a problem.
•  
A grade level that fails to meet quality requirements is always a problem, a low quality may not be a problem.
•  
Both quality and grade are mandatory and should not be low at any cost
•  
Both quality and grade can be low as per project requirement
-
Solution
It is general quality management concept.
Quality and grade are not the same concepts. Quality as a delivered performance or result is “the degree to which a set of inherent characteristics fulfill requirements”. Grade as a design intent is a category assigned to deliverables having the same functional use but different technical characteristics. The project manager and the project management team are responsible for managing the trade-offs associated with delivering the required levels of both quality and grade. While a quality level that fails to meet quality requirements is always a problem, a low grade of quality may not be a problem PMBOK 274

Thank you Rose
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: Grade and Quality - option issues

Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:50 pm

ralapatt wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:28 pm
Please help with this question from iZenbridge and there is an issues the answer options. the word "a low grade of quality may not be a problem" is incorrect. I Agree
it should be "a low grade of product may not be a problem"
Again Agree
Which is why I chose answer D - Because both quality and grade be low it is per project requirement
We need to understand, that no project will ask for lower quality product/Deliverables, hence I will not go with option D

please write email to support@izenbridge.com to rectify the option

Question 26 
1.00/0.00
Moses is a project manager and working on quality of his project. He is always confused between grade and quality. He is never able to make a bottom line which one can be compromised on the cost of other. Which is the below can help Moses understanding the true fundamental of grade and quality?
•  
A quality level that fails to meet quality requirements is always a problem, a low grade of quality may not be a problem.
•  
A grade level that fails to meet quality requirements is always a problem, a low quality may not be a problem.
•  
Both quality and grade are mandatory and should not be low at any cost
•  
Both quality and grade can be low as per project requirement
-
Solution
It is general quality management concept.
Quality and grade are not the same concepts. Quality as a delivered performance or result is “the degree to which a set of inherent characteristics fulfill requirements”. Grade as a design intent is a category assigned to deliverables having the same functional use but different technical characteristics. The project manager and the project management team are responsible for managing the trade-offs associated with delivering the required levels of both quality and grade. While a quality level that fails to meet quality requirements is always a problem, a low grade of quality may not be a problem PMBOK 274

Thank you Rose
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
ralapatt

Re: Grade and Quality - option issues

Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:03 pm

Thanks Manish - the state " a low grade of quality may not be a problem" threw me off. and I agree and will keep in mind that your point about project deliverable being of low quality.
Rose

Return to “PMP® Queries and Tips”