CR not aligned with original Product requirements

Exclusive Forum for students to discuss PMP® queries and queries related to iZenBridge questions
Saubhagya Raizada

CR not aligned with original Product requirements

Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:18 pm

Q: To determine what product should be created, a feasibility study has been conducted. -A change request has now been approved to develop another product that contradicts the original requirements.-Data analysis was conducted before the change request was approved. Which action should the project manager take?

a. Execute the change request.
b. Decline the change request.
c. Ask for a detailed report of the data analysis.
d. Ask for a feasibility study of the new product.

I understand that the correct answer is marked (a). However, does the PICC accepts CR which does not align with the project Charter/Business Docs.?

I thought PICC does not deal with any type of CR which contradicts the Business docs/project charter since the project then will not be aligned with the Project Goals pinned down the Business doc/Project charter.

Thanks,
Saubhagya
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: CR not aligned with original Product requirements

Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:47 pm

Saubhagya Raizada wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:18 pm
Q: To determine what product should be created, a feasibility study has been conducted. -A change request has now been approved to develop another product that contradicts the original requirements.-Data analysis was conducted before the change request was approved. Which action should the project manager take?

a. Execute the change request.
b. Decline the change request.
c. Ask for a detailed report of the data analysis.
d. Ask for a feasibility study of the new product.

I understand that the correct answer is marked (a). However, does the PICC accepts CR which does not align with the project Charter/Business Docs.?

I thought PICC does not deal with any type of CR which contradicts the Business docs/project charter since the project then will not be aligned with the Project Goals pinned down the Business doc/Project charter.

You have a valid point of view.
the question mentions 'to develop another product that contradicts the original requirements'

it does not say the contradiction of requirements is not aligned with business case or PC,
Unless the question mentions explicitly do not assume

Thanks,
Saubhagya
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/

Return to “PMP® Exam Prep Questions”